The qualified candidates will:
- Operate broadcast console.
- Read and follow format log and play the correct spots and station ID’s at the appropriate times.
- Operate faders, monitor audio levels, and segue music – ensure the music is tight.
- Board ops will need to show up 30 minutes prior to live broadcast to check in and make sure studio is set up for broadcast.
- Communicate effectively with program directors. Other duties may be assigned.
- May help administer contests, answer listener phone calls, screen listener calls for live shows.
- Board operators may also be responsible for monitoring additional radio stations simultaneously.