Specific duties include, but are not restricted to, the following:
The primary role of Promotions Assistant is representing the radio station at various events in the following capacities: Drive the company vehicle to and from events, assisting with set up and tear down of station equipment including but not limited to portable audio, pop up tents, signage, folding tables & covers, and station Apps on iPads. Promotions assistants engage the public to promote station activities and work as a liaison between on-air personalities, listeners, clients and the station(s), while marketing the station brands, and the execution of events. Post-event tear down of equipment and recaps with event summary and photos to supervisors also expected.
Promotion Assistants are expected to attend a weekly meeting on Wednesday from 12-2pm where events and schedules are assigned to individuals. Promotion Assistants are expected to assist with office duties including calling winners with prize confirmations and instructions, equipment maintenance, pre-event preparation and other tasks as needed.
** Must have excellent Driving Record **
- Must be able to work at minimum 10-15 hours a week, including nights and weekends.
- Reliable, punctual, and possess strong social skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Position requires a self-motivated positive attitude, strong customer service, creativity, adaptability and the ability to ‘think on your feet.’
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Two-Years College Preferred
- Microsoft Word, Website, Social Media, and Internet experience is helpful.
- Knowledge of San Diego and the surrounding area is a plus
- Knowledge of broadcasting equipment is a plus
- 21 years old
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please specify that you are applying for the position in the subject line. No phone calls, please.